Five hospitals receive recognition for technology-enabled emergency care excellence.
DALLAS – Dec. 17, 2015 –
T-System Inc. today announced the five recipients of their sixth annual T-System Client Excellence Awards
, chosen from more than 1,900 facilities nationwide that have implemented its emergency department solutions. The award recognizes healthcare organizations who have effectively implemented T-System solutions to improve clinical, operational and financial outcomes for emergency care in the U.S.
“Every year, we look to highlight our partners striving to improve healthcare delivery within the emergency care sector. These five award recipients are true exemplars of how leveraging the right technology effectively can result in extraordinary outcomes,” said Roger Davis, T-System chief executive officer. “We are honored to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of each of these organizations and are proud to partner with them to deliver efficient and quality emergency care throughout the nation.”
The 2015 recipients include:
- Centegra Health System (McHenry, IL) – overall winner for T-System Client Excellence: After converting from an enterprise-wide electronic health record (EHR) to EV™ for its emergency department-specific clinical content and workflow, Centegra Health System realized immediate improvements in quality metrics, patient and staff satisfaction, clinical documentation and revenue. On day one of the implementation, Centegra Health System saw 150 patients between two hospital sites and despite an increase in volume, had zero patients leave without being seen by a provider.
- CentraCare Health – Monticello (Monticello, MN) – winner for Excellence in Interoperability: CentraCare Health - Monticello successfully implemented an interface which allowed T-System’s EV for Physicians to share critical information with the hospital information system, improving communication throughout the facility, the documentation process for physicians and patient care.
- Cole Memorial Hospital (Coudersport, PA) – winner for Excellence in Process Improvement: Charles Cole Memorial Hospital successfully streamlined processes by transitioning from paper documentation to T-System’s emergency department information system (EDIS), resulting in notable throughput improvements including a 44 percent reduction in length of stay and door to doctor times, as well as improved patient satisfaction.
- Dosher Memorial Hospital (Southport, NC) – winner for Excellence in Sustainable Outcomes: A T-System client since 2004, Dosher Memorial Hospital has leveraged the full T-System solution suite to transform emergency department operations and patient experience. The organization is continually reducing left without being seen rates and door to doctor times, improving clinical documentation and refining charge capture and coding methods.
- Penobscot Valley Hospital (Lincoln, ME) – winner for Excellence in Revenue Optimization: T-System’s EV along with T-System’s RevCycle+® facility coding solution helped Penobscot Valley Hospital receive more accurate collections for the care provided to patients. The combination of improved documentation and charge capture led to a 16 percent increase in emergency department revenue.
As part of the 2015 Client Excellence Awards program, T-System will make a donation to a hospital foundation or charity on behalf of each organization.
To learn more about the awards program, and to see a list of previous winners, please visit www.tsystem.com/pages/client-success/client-excellence-awards.php
T-System is a healthcare IT company that advances care delivery and financial outcomes for episodic care. Specializing in emergency department documentation since 1996, T-System has since expanded its focus to include the development of innovative solutions for the rapidly expanding episode-based care market, including hospital-based emergency departments, freestanding emergency centers and urgent care centers. Through clinically-driven services and documentation solutions as well as charge capture and coding solutions, T-System solves clinical, financial and operational challenges for our clients. About 40 percent of the nation’s hospital-based EDs, freestanding emergency centers and urgent care centers use T-System to improve the clinical encounter, including the documentation of the patient visit as well as the downstream outcomes related to that event. For additional information about T-System, please visit www.tsystem.com